Getting out and about
River Valley Country Park, Cornwall
- Train - Nearest train station is in the centre of Penzance 6 miles away
- Bus - There is a bus stop at the entrance to the park at the top of the lane, with one or two buses passing through daily. The Western National service runs from Penzance.
- Health - Marazion Health Centre is only 3 miles away. The West Cornwall Hospital in St Clare, Penzance is 6 miles away.
- Golf - Praa Sands Golf Club is 3 miles away and Hayle Golf Range & 9 hole golf course is 4 miles away.
- Swimming - There is an indoor swimming pool at Carn Brea 10 miles away.
- Beach - The nearest beach is Marazion Beach (St Michaels Mount) just 3 miles away.
- Walking - There are numerous walks in the area, some along pathways, some along the beach, some across fields. Discover & explore the surrounding area of the park and walk along the river.
- Shopping — The nearest large supermarket is Tesco (24 hour) or Morrisons in Penzance, 6 miles away.
- Eating Out - There are numerous local pubs and restaurants in the area, many serving fish dishes.
- Petrol - The nearest Petrol station is in Penzance, 6 miles away.
- Sight seeing - There is so much to do in Cornwall. To help you on your way, the park boast a Tourist Information area covering all attractions.
Surf Bay Holiday Park, North Devon
- Train - Nearest train station is in the centre of Barnstaple 9 miles away.
- Bus - There is a bus stop on Golf Links Road, just 200 yards from the park. At the park entrance turn right towards the village of Westward Ho! Buses pass through every half an hour.
- Health - Northam Surgery is 1 mile away, Bideford Hospital is 2 miles away and accepts minor injuries. The North Devon District Hospital is 9 miles away in Barnstaple.
- Golf - The Royal North Devon Golf Course is 0.5 miles away on Golf Links Road. Portmore Golf Course & Driving range is in Barnstaple 9 miles away.
- Beach - There are numerous beaches in North Devon, however the nearest is Westward Ho!, access is through the park across Northam Burrows Country Park.
- Walking - There are numerous walks in the area, some along pathways, some along the beach, some across fields. Discover & explore the area on foot.
- Eating Out - There are numerous food outlets in the village so you have plenty to choose from…and all within walking distance!
- Petrol - The nearest Petrol station is in Bideford, 2 miles away.
- Sightseeing - There is so much to do in North Devon. To help you on your way, the park boast a Tourist Information Room covering all attractions.